About this event
Join us to hear our inspiring speakers and how we are working to strengthen environmental rights in Scotland
- Professor David Boyd, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and the Environment – International progress on the recognition of the right to a healthy environment
- Mary Church, Head of Campaigns, Friends of the Earth Scotland & ERCS Trustee – Why Scotland needs an environmental rights centre
- Contributions from the Children’s Parliament on their rights and aspirations for a healthy and sustainable environment
We hope you can join us!
The event is free to attend and will be hosted on Zoom. Click here to register on Eventbrite.
Our vision is of a Scotland where every person’s right to live in a healthy environment is fully realised.
Our aim is to support individuals and communities to use their rights to protect the environment, tackle climate change, and improve local biodiversity and greenspaces for health and wellbeing through:
• public education to increase awareness of legal rights
• advice to increase confidence in participating in environmental decision-making
• advocacy in policy and law reform to improve environmental law
• public interest litigation to enforce progress on key environmental problems.