A leadership and management training programme that offers new and soon-to-be managers the opportunity to build confidence learn key skills, and explore a variety of management technique.
“Extremely enlightening and useful – especially in analysing conflict and management styles” Dechen Pemba – Tibet Watch
“Excellent day with very approachable trainers who didn’t deliver text book management but something real instead” Jane Rose – Richard Watts Charities.
Every group is different, and every individual has different needs, desires and ideas on how things should be done. Managing both your staffs’ and your own expectations can be challenging at times. However, with a good understanding of group dynamics and some useful tools, you can work with your team to produce brilliant results.
The course covers:
- The difference between management and leadership
- Understanding and addressing conflict
- Which organisational approaches foster good management
- Alternative non-hierarchical structures
- Balancing consensus with quick decision making
- Active listening, supervision and appraisals
- Managing teams – team composition, delegating and roles
- Understanding your personal management style
- Running effective meetings
During the day, participants will identify their personal management strengths and develop practical strategies they can use in the workplace. This course also allows participants to look at the alternatives to ‘top-down structures’ and how to build less hierarchical teams that are happy, empowered and productive.
This leadership and management training for managers, includes a bespoke follow-up support phone call with every participant.
Who should attend this course?
The day is for anyone that manages a small/medium team or organisation. If you’re new to your role you will get the perfect grounding and more experienced managers will develop new skills and learn about progressive management structures. Please do give us a call if you’d like to discuss if this course is right for you.
- £489: Large businesses
- £363: Large charities, public sector and small businesses
- £242: Smaller charities (under 15 staff) and self-funded individuals
Prices include a fabulous hot buffet lunch, fair trade refreshments and networking time.
Concessionary rates for the unwaged and discounts for students are available.