A unique day of interactive and participatory learning to build your skills and confidence as a facilitator, meeting organiser or workshop leader.
We will look closely at what facilitation is, the role facilitators may play and how facilitating can encourage long term community development. The day will build the confidence of anyone keen to be a good facilitator and give them a solid basis on which to develop their own skills. You’ll take part in engaging exercises and discuss where you might or might not use them. You’ll look at ways to work with people in large and small groups and how and when to leave a group to their own devices. The day also covers the practical ‘tools and techniques’ that make meetings work.
People attending this course will learn how to:
- Plan meetings and design them to be effective and enjoyable
- Make a meetings, workshop or training session work well as facilitator or chair
- Build a working relationship with an existing organisation or a group of individuals
- Use appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop facilitation work in ways appropriate to different communities
- Deal with problematic situations
- Evaluate facilitated processes
- Develop their communications skills
(This course gives you tools to use during your sessions. Our ‘Advanced Facilitation’ course looks more a power dynamics, privilege and rank when working with groups. See here for details)
Who should attend this course?
Talk Action have run this facilitation training skills course for over six years with consistently excellent feedback. The event will benefit anyone working with groups of people in formal or informal settings. Whether a novice starting out, or an experienced facilitator wishing to expand on their techniques, the course will provide a valuable insight into good facilitation.
- £425: large businesses
- £338: large charities, public sector and small businesses
- £195: smaller charities (under 15 staff) and self-funded individuals
Prices include a fabulous hot buffet lunch, fair trade refreshments and networking time.
Concessionary rates for the unwaged and discounts for students available